Content continues to rule most marketing methods, and there is proof to support my assertion.
Simply put, content marketing is an important element of any digital marketing strategy, whether you’re running a little regional organization or a large multinational corporation.
After all, content is indisputably the really lifeline upon which the web and social media are based.
Modern SEO, for all intents and purposes, has actually successfully ended up being enhanced content marketing as Google needs and benefits businesses that develop content demonstrating Expertise, Authority, and Reliability to the advantage of their consumers.
Material marketing involves developing and sharing valuable, relevant, entertaining, and consistent content in various text-based, video, and audio formats.
The main focus must be on drawing in and keeping a plainly specified audience, with the ultimate goal of driving lucrative customer action.
But with a lot material being produced and shared every day, it is necessary to remain upgraded on the most recent trends and best practices in content marketing to keep up.
To assist you do just that, here are 30 content marketing statistics I believe you must understand:
Content Marketing Use
The number of organizations are leveraging content marketing, and how are they planning to discover success?
- According to the Content Marketing Institute, 73% of B2B online marketers and 70% of B2C marketers utilize content marketing as part of their overall marketing strategy.
- 91% of marketing pros surveyed by Semrush attained success with their material marketing in 2021.
- A B2B Content Marketing Research Study conducted by CMI found 40% of B2B online marketers have actually a documented content marketing strategy; 33% have a technique, but it’s not recorded, and 27% have no strategy whatsoever.
- Half of all marketers say they contract out some content marketing.
- The pandemic increased content usage by 207%.
Content Marketing Strategy
What methods are content online marketers using or discovering to be most reliable?
- 83% of online marketers think it’s more reliable to produce greater quality material less typically.
- In a 2022 Statista Research Study Study of online marketers worldwide, 62% of respondents stated they believed it was necessary to be “always on” for their clients, whereas 23% believed content-led interactions were most effective for tailored targeting functions.
Types Of Content
Content marketing was synonymous with publishing blogs, however the web and content have evolved into audio, video, interactive, and meta formats.
Here are a couple of statistics on how the different types of material are trending and performing.
- The leading three types of material being produced by marketing groups in 2022 included videos, blogs, and images.
- Short articles/posts (83%) and videos (61%) are the leading 2 content types that B2C marketers utilized in the last 12 months. Their usage of long-form articles increased to 42% from 22% in 2015.
- Short-form video material like Buy TikTok Verifications and Buy Instagram Verification Reels is the most effective kind of social media content.
- 40.8% of online marketers said initial graphics (infographics, illustrations) assisted them reach their marketing objectives in 2020 (Source: Venngage)
- 72% of B2C marketers anticipated their company to purchase video marketing in 2022. (Source: CMI)
- Brief material (300-900 words) attracts 21% less traffic and 75% less backlinks than short articles of average length (900– 1200 words.) (Source: Semrush State of Content Marketing 2022)
- Interactive material sees 52.6% more engagement than static material, with buyers investing an average of 8.5 minutes viewing fixed content items and 13 minutes on interactive material items. (Source: Mediafly)
It is not simply sufficient to create and publish content.
For a material technique to be successful, it needs to include distributing content via the channels frequented by a business’s target market.
- Buy Facebook Verification was the top circulation channel for B2C marketers in the past 12 months and the channel that drove the best outcomes. (Source: CMI)
- B2B online marketers reported to CMI that LinkedIn was the most common and top-performing natural social media distribution channel.
- 80% of B2B marketers who use paid distribution usage paid social media advertising (Source: CMI)
As soon as content reaches an audience, it is necessary to comprehend how an audience takes in the material or does something about it as an outcome.
- A 2021 DemandGen study exposed 62% of those making B2B purchase choices said they relied more on useful content like case studies and visual material, such as webinars, to guide their purchasing choices and pointing out a higher emphasis on the credibility of the source.
- Purchasers are willing to invest no greater than 5 minutes examining most content formats. (Source: DemandGen Content Preferences Study)
- In a current post, blogger Ryan Robinson reports the typical reader invests 37 seconds reading a blog.
- 65% of participants to DemandGen’s survey stated they give more credence to peer reviews, user-generated content, and third-party publications/analysts vs. company-generated content.
Material Marketing Efficiency
Among the main factors content marketing has actually removed is its capability to be determined, optimized, and tied to a roi.
- B2C online marketers reported to CMI the top three objectives content marketing helps them to attain are creating brand name awareness, developing trust, and educating their target market.
- Content marketing creates three times as numerous leads as standard outbound marketing however expenses 62% less (Source: CMI).
- 56% of online marketers who utilize blogging say it’s an effective strategy, and 10% say it produces the best ROI (roi). (Source: Hubspot blog research study)
- Over 60% of online marketers measure the success of their material marketing technique through sales. (Source: Hubspot State of Marketing Report, 2021)
Content Marketing Budgets
Spending plan modifications and the determination to buy particular marketing strategies are excellent signs of how popular and effective these techniques are at a macro level.
The following statistics certainly seem to indicate online marketers have actually bought into the value of material.
- 61% of B2C online marketers in CMI’s 2021 study said their 2022 content marketing budget would surpass their 2021 spending plan.
- 22% of B2B online marketers said they spent 50% or more of their overall marketing budget on content marketing. Furthermore, 43% saw their material marketing spending plans grow from 2020 to 2021, and 66% expected them to grow again in 2022. (Source: CMI)
All types of marketing featured difficulties connected to time, resources, knowledge, and competition. Recognizing and attending to these obstacles head-on with well-thought-out strategies is the very best method to overcome them and realize success.
- Top difficulties included “bring in quality leads with our content” (41%), “producing enough traffic and promoting our material” (39%), “creating material that resonates with our audience” (31%), and “showing the ROI of our material” (30%). (Source: Semrush’s State of Content Marketing 2022)
- Changes to SEO/search algorithms (64%), modifications to social networks algorithms (53%), and data management/analytics (48%) are among the top issues for B2C marketers. (Source: CMI)
- 47% of people are looking for downtime from internet-enabled devices due to digital fatigue (Source: EY Study)
Time To Begin
As you can clearly see and perhaps have already recognized, content marketing can be an extremely efficient and affordable method to produce leads, construct brand name awareness and drive sales.
Those going to put in the work of developing a documented material strategy and executing it by producing, distributing, and optimizing high-value, appropriate customer-centric material can enjoy significant service benefits.
Included Image: Deemak Daksina/Best SMM Panel